View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 07:51 PM
nstitches4u

that one of the "employees" wanted it. I have stopped donating to anything except one non-profit place here that supports a church. If someone is really in need they are given the item, not charged for it. I donated some furniture to a mission store in a nearby town, & was told later by an employee I knew that it never made it out of the back room - the manager had it set aside for herself. I did complain about that to the b.o.d. but it did no good. I've been told that most thrift stores are like that - first pic (& the best items go to those who work there), usually at no cost.[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure that was happening at the Goodwill store near where we live. We would take boxes of clothes and household items and even some furniture to donate. I have never seen any of it put out on the sales floor. I refuse to donate anything to Goodwill any more. I donate to Community Services. They let people come in and pick out what they need and don't charge them anything. There is also a local church that has a clothing closet.