View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 08:23 PM
marytoddliz

I am making place mats out of my blocks also, I love how they have turned out! jan, where did you buy your fruits and Veggie fabric? I have a friend who wants me to make her a set of placemats for her summer table, they eat a lot of meals outside in the summer.

A lot of my "fun fabric" I get on 4my3boyz.com I love that site and the fabric is really reasonable. I make stuff to sell at craft shows and fun fairs. So I do a lot of smaller type stuff to sell. I think the fabric you have would be great to make cute little things out of, coasters, pot holders and such.

I am not sure the significance of the 7 but will make a place mat out of it and I am sure a grand kid or niece or nephew will know it was made just for them!

There was a lady at our quilting guild that said you should change the needle and clean the bobbin case after every 5th bobbin you put in your machine. I do clean the lint out but have to admit I only put in a new needle when the old one breaks! but I do change the needle depending on what I am sewing, I just reuse it again. I just could not afford to sew if I threw them away after only 5 bobbins filled with thread, heck I can go thru that much in a few hours!