View Single Post
Old 12-30-2012, 09:45 PM
rwquilts

Oh what fun conversations! I love both controlled scrappy and true scrappy! I keep my scrap fabrics in that doesn't happen a lot cause it's boring to just cut squares and bricks...(in my opinion)so usually I cut to order?
Elisabrat, I have found that just squares don't excite me in blocks unless they are controlled scrappy...I made a quilt for my DD with just 6" squares and she loves it and it's so soft and pretty...pastels...so it was scrappy, but all blended...if you really dislike your blocks, perhaps consider turning them into D9P's maybe? The true scrappy's look prettier as we use more designs and smaller blocks...as you can see by Rhonda's examples...really pretty...somehow using smaller pieces together that don't match look better when they're not in your face? LOL! You might find with the next step that you start to love it though...

Annaquilts, paper piecing for scrappy pineapple blocks are perfect! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE doing them in all sizes and are perfect for using scraps! I haven't used a tool...hope you share how you are enjoying using it?