Old 12-31-2012, 12:03 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by happyquiltmom View Post
Congratulations on getting through it!
Thanks! I finally got to the fabric store and picked up a nice co-ordinating fabric for the binding. I spent the evening learning how to make the binding. It's now cut, one set of strips were on grain, the other set were on the bias. If things go well tomorrow, I will try to get the bias and handles on. My goal is to have both of these both finished before Jan 14th when our sewing circle resumes.

I settled on using Sharon Schamber's method for doing binding, and have been following her tutorial on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PE0Yq9iGlc

I keep sending DH out for supplies. He thought I was a little weird when I started asking for glue sticks and school glue.

Originally Posted by MimiBug123 View Post
I would use my 15-91 or my 66 treadle. Either of those will sew through anything!!!
Darn! Neither of which are machines that I have anymore. The 66 I haven't run across in my price range yet, and the 15-91 went to a shop where it would be used. That said, I'm pretty proud of how well the 411G did. Not a single hiccup. (Guess I didn't need the "spare" 411G I snagged today after all. )

Originally Posted by DanofNJ View Post
Without a doubt I'd go for the 201. They can sew through sheet metal and still smile!!

Hey Dan! What sort of needles do you use for sheet metal? I haven't had a chance to bond with the 201. This wouldn't be a bad project at all,... same with the 115 that Joe said I need to do a project on to validate all the hard work I did rehabbing and removing paint from it.