Old 12-31-2012, 12:19 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute View Post
My Singer 401 would handle that without a walking foot, and would not shift the fabric. I vote for both the 401 and the glue stick.
No kidding? I used the walking foot in the end, so I don't know how it would have done without.

I must not have had a good technique for the glue stick. I found it stretched the batting,and stuck poorly to the heat resistant fabric.

At the end of the day, my biggest hurdle was keeping the cat off the work while it was being fed. She's so weird! She sat on the work behind the machine and stuck her head through the harp and talked to me. The 411 didn't care a bit even when stuff wadded up against her!

Originally Posted by purplefiend View Post
Hi Tammi,
The best method I've found to make binding and sew it on is by Kaye Wood. I've used her method for many years with great results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uf7Mm_mkbCc
Sharon W.
Singers:99K hand crank,treadles: 201,237,15-90,66-1 red eye decals,Pfaff 60
Hey Sharon,

Thanks for that link! I had seen somewhere that someone started on the back of the quilt so you could finish it by machine, and I couldn't remember where. (It's probably in one of my "beginning quilting" books that I made the mistake of trying to read before bed. I absorbed some, but ultimately, mostly got hit by a lot of hard cover books when I fell asleep.) That 5 min video is less daunting than the 3 parter I've been watching, that's for sure! Before I embarked on this project, I was cool with just "tucking the ends in",.. old school according to Kaye Wood.