View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 07:46 AM
MargeD
Power Poster

It is absolutely OK to just do quilt tops, especially with DH's encouragement. You are going through a rough time right now and you need a distraction to help you get through it. It is also a distraction with something to show for the time you spend quilting. Maybe you can find a quilt class to attend, join a quilt guild to find someone that would be willing to share with you the love of quilting. I don't think there is a "rule" that you have to make a "finished" quilt for every quilt top you make. Do what makes you happy right now,it's so important that you have an outlet. I know, because my DH is disabled, cannot drive, and I just spent nearly half of this year in rehab after neck surgery for a ruptured disk that made me a quadriplegic for a few months. To be able to quilt again, really made me a "happy camper (or quilter)" and other people have noticed the change in my disposition, as well as my progress in learning to walk, as I only need a cane now to get around, not a walker, and I feel like I have been "reborn". Life is to short to have regrets, spend the time with your DH, spend it doing what you love and it will all work out. May God bless you and give you hope for the future. I do hope your husband gets better.