View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 08:53 AM
kay carlson

Linda Miller creates beautiful quilt tops monthly. She taught me to put things away each day before you leave the room. By putting things away neatly, I am welcomed into a bright and cheery room each day. My creativity has increased, as well as, mood improved and time spent sewing is truly a refreshing delight.

I only kept those things I use and shared the UFO's that I had decided not to finish. This made organizing much easier. Also, I use pretty dishes in unconventional ways as containers in my work area. One turquoise clear bowl is the home of my rotary cutter, postette note pad, pencil and small scissors. The beauty of the bowl brings a smile to my face each time I look at it. Not all storage has to be purely functional....

I have purchased folding, plastic top tables which are very sturdy and flexible in the design of the room. The six foot table (3' folded) is resting on bed risers for a perfect height for cutting. The four foot table (2' folded) serves double duty as a work base near my machine when managing a quilt which would normally drop to the floor when I am sewing.

Happy New Year in your home!