View Single Post
Old 12-31-2012, 02:05 PM
ube quilting
Power Poster

The more room you have the more space there is to fill! It just happens that way. My solution is to keep storage to a minimum so i actually have a place to spread out fabric and patterns and layouts. first choose a place for a design wall and make it as big as you can.

Place your sewing machine as close to this as possible and then place your ironing surface. next place an all purpose table for design and cutting near that. Any left over space can be utilized with shelves, book case. If you can go all the way up with shelves that would be great.

My space is geared toward the work area rather than storage and if storage is going to be a problem you may want to consider altering the way you like to work. Do only one project at a time or just a few you have space for.

Hang as many things on a wall space as possible near the work area, like peg board to hang stuff rather than shoved in drawers where things go to get lost.

With all the info you will get from QB, you will gather lots of tips to make your new space workable and most important, enjoyable.

have a great time planning.
peace