Old 10-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Quiltgranny

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
I am new to the boards, but have been reading this thread because I am also trying to arrange a new sewing area. I wanted to recommend two books that you may find at your local library. They have been a great help to me, as they help with the thought process, and help figure out the height ratio of tables, ironing boards, etc. for your particular size. One is called "Creating your perfect quilting space" by Lois L. Hallock and the other is Dream sewing spaces by Lynette Raney Black. Hope they may be of inspiration to you also. PJ
Welcome to the board! Thanks for jumping right in, too. I appreciate your recommendation on the two books, in fact, I own one of them - "Creating Your Perfect Quilting Space". I pull it out and look at it from time to time to see if I can glean any new ideas from it. Great book by the way! Her book has been quite helpful for ergonomics, for sure. Perhaps it's time I take another look at it for some fresh ideas.

I have not heard of the second book you mention, but will definitely look into it.

I did end up removing my 2 x 4' cutting table from my room and a few project totes and some other things that were cluttering up my area today. It's beginning to feel a little better in here, but I'm far from where I want to be.

Again, welcome, thanks and enjoy the board and the vast knowledge the friendly folks have here.

Happy sewing!