Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 PM
Elisabrat

I recently bought a book on scrappy quilts. It stated that true scrappy is to put things allin a bag and pull and sew no peaking or rejecting just pull. I also note however that every single quilt they showed in that quilt were controlled. My comfort is more of controlled say all blue reds creams and blacks no orange or yellow.. I used pastel next to rusty colors and afterwards truly dont care for it. If I start again its going to be more organized. Marybeth go with what makes your eye happy. go find three scrappys you love right now. dont think just pick tht one and that one.. then slow down and check it out controlled all different shades of these four colors? or is it random you name it it has it.. there will be your answer on what you like most. I am putting faith into this one Judy it seems is rarely wrong so she says scrappy I am saying ok girl i believe you now that I think of it Ihave oodles of time to do both and see what happens an experiment on my own! I am going to I have all the right squares cut for the first one and the first nine true scrappy blocks done. I dont own orange scraps or yellow scraps which is why you didnt see them in the other blocks. I guess I got the more subdued ones. So I am going with my original plan.. six color blocks different fabrics.. radiating colors.. that is what the goal is. sorted my fabric earlier today I can do that pretty well.