Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 PM
mirabelle

My first finish for the New Year. I have been working on these for a few weeks doing the embroidery. In July my patchwork club is having a Show n Tell. We have a raffle, lucky door prizes, giveaways and gifts for attendees. We invite around 120 and we do all the catering, three course meal. Call us crazy but we only do this every two years.

Anyway our raffle this year is a crazy patch quilt made entirely from wedding dresses, lots of lace and embellishment, second prize will be these two cushions and third prize is a tote bag.
We have made 120 placemats embroidered with Patches of Bluewater 2013 and one member has made 120 beaded brooches We hope to have an ongiong raffle throughout the day with patchwork bags as the prizes. Lots and lots of work but so much fun.

My memory from our 2011 exhibition was at the end of the day there were about six of us who had stayed to clean up and we were sitting on the floor eating a mango cheescake, no plates just forks. I seem to remember someone saying "never again" but here we are gearing up for another great day.
Attached Thumbnails rose-cushions.jpg