Thread: Happy New Year!
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 12:08 AM
Gashgoldvermilion

Smile Happy New Year!

Hi there, the last thing I did in the last hour of 2012 was to join up with QB. Recently read the entire Dear Jane 2012/2013 posting and just loved how supportive and friendly people are. I haven't done a lot of quilting. My first was Nancy Halvorsen's Beattitudes, which amazingly turned out well. My second is Tailfeathers which I haven't finished quilting yet but it is not perfect and I'm grumpy with it and lost a bit of confidence. MY third is a 1930s print thing with squares set on point, not bad but haven't started quilting it yet. This is a request form my 18 yo. daughter who is moving into a flat with other students tomorrow. (We have both been tearful- she is moving a whole 15 minutes walk away! yes, we have offered to carry her bed down to her new place, but she thought that might be embarrassing. I thought I needed a challenge this year and I definitely need to improve my skills so I've nearly collected enough stuff for a Dear Jane. I plan to start this weekend. I love appliqué and embroidered quilts best but thought I should try other things. one thing I really am enjoying since getting into quilting is learning more about American history and art/ crafts/design which I hadn't really thought about much before. Hope everyone is looking forward to a new year of stitching.