View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 05:14 AM
21quilter

I encourage you to stick with the quilting. I enjoy having young people in the group. We need to have young quilters to encourage businesses that quilting will never die. And I even get excited by seeing young people enjoying the love of quilting. One lady in our group brings her 10 year old granddaughter.....I always make it a point to chat with her and see what she is making.

I expanded into quilting in my late 20's (have been sewing since I was 10) and I was by far the young one in anything that I attended at that point. Yes, quilting groups can be clinky but I have found so much inspiration and feed off the energy of the group that in my experience, the good outweigh the bad. I just joined a new group in 2012 and I have not made any new friends but the energy and renewed sense of getting projects done makes the group well worth my time.

I get discouraged by other people in my life (young and old) that talk about they can't sew a button on something blah, blah, blah and how nuts I am for making quilts.....blah, blah, blah. So I love to hear when young people talk about how they love quilting. I would be hunting you out and chatting with you!!!!!