View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:27 AM
mcfay

I think I know how you feel. I don't belong to a quilting group except on line. But I do know an elderly lady who does belong to one. The very first quilt I did on my short arm quilting machine I took it to my weight loss group where she belongs. She started picking it apart. Granted it was a "cheater" top, because I didn't want to practice on a real top. I also just folded the back to the front for a binding. She said "humft" we bind ours by hand with "real" binding. She belongs to a quilting group and brags that EVERY thing they do is by hand. But that's OK I sold that quilt to a lady in the same weight loss group for 150.00.

So what I'm trying to say is sometime I think some of the women that have been quilting for 100 years think they are a little better that the younger ones. They forgot they were young once. I have only been quilting about 6 months and I'm 67 yrs. old. I think it's wonderful that we have young people starting to quilt so we can keep the art alive. I have some young granddaughter I would LOVE to teach to sew and quilt but they don't seem interested in it.