View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Skittl1321

Originally Posted by misskira View Post
I didn't fuse mine, I chain pieced the rows vertically all together then sewed horizontally same as she did. Then I snipped the thread from the chain piecing and pressed open. It's definitely worth it to press open, it makes it lay so nice and flat, especially after its quilted. But I agree, it's pretty tedious. There is a blog on oh Fransson where she uses a similar method for her postage stamp quilts, and she rotary cuts her folds off. It might be worth trying?

eta: hmmm.. It's not there. I may have read it in the comments? Now I'm curious so I will do some more reading.
Ooh, my accuracy would be so bad if I chain pieced them... I am using the method from Oh Fransonn on the fusible interfacing. I washed a sample and I think the hand of the fabric is still good, though the wash away would definetly make a cuddlier quilt. (I'm also glad I'm using mostly Kona Cotton instead of the Michael Miller. You lose some of the softness with the interfacing, so no use spending the extra money, the MM fabric is lovely though.)

I did try rotary cutting the seam allowance, and it was much quicker, but then it was harder to press the narrow seam allowance, so I think six of one, half dozen of another. I decided I'd rather take more time cutting rather than more time pressing.

I attached a photo of my first square. I have 5 more in progress today.
Attached Thumbnails imag0027.jpg