Old 01-01-2013, 04:16 PM
gardnergal970

Anael...you are so very talented. Your blocks are SO well done. What got you interested in quilting and how did you start without any lessons? I initially started many years ago by using a book and when I took up quilting again about 21/2 years ago, there were so many changes in techniques, I found classes or at least sewing with others and learning by observing invaluable. Just this PC ride has honed my skills but i still have to fudge a lot to make everything square! I've been thinking about an Acquilt. I just haven't mastered accurate cutting. Have you looked at Amazon for the book? I don't know about international shipping but they are just about the best for me here in the states.
It sounds like you were strong and there for your DS and DDIL during the crisis and now you're dealing with all of the realities you couldn't then. Still in my prayers.
Jeanie..I don't like big crowds either and the TV coverage is so good for most of those big crowd things. I did the 9 setting squares today for the mystery quilt. This is the first time I've done a quilt by units, usually it's one block at a time and I like this. The final blocks come together so nice.
Carrie...how nice that your daughter likes to work with you at the LQS.

Last edited by gardnergal970; 01-01-2013 at 04:18 PM.