View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:26 PM
conniemaried

Default I've come a long way, baby!

I joined the QB Dec 2011. In the year that has passed, I have progressed from a novice quilter to a capable quilter. I have read the daily posts most every day, posted threads when I was lost, taken classes, bought and read books, did several "practice quilts," and attended monthly meetings at my LQS. I have immersed myself in quilting. It has been a marvelous year for me. I have been sewing since age 8, am an experienced sewer (Home Ec degree, also), have conquered many crafts, but I think I have finally found myself in quilting. I regret that I have come to it at such a late stage in life ( I am almost 61), but finally have the sewing room of my dreams, a DH who encourages me, and the backing of a sincere Quilting Board to learn from, ask questions and receive answers always. Thanks to every one of you for being my "sister in quilting." I respect the collective knowledge of the QB, and acknowledge that I would not be in the contented place that I am without all of you. It has been a steep learning curve this past year, but thanks to every one of you. May your New Year be Pieceful! Connie