View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 08:37 PM
misskira

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
Ooh, my accuracy would be so bad if I chain pieced them... I am using the method from Oh Fransonn on the fusible interfacing. I washed a sample and I think the hand of the fabric is still good, though the wash away would definetly make a cuddlier quilt. (I'm also glad I'm using mostly Kona Cotton instead of the Michael Miller. You lose some of the softness with the interfacing, so no use spending the extra money, the MM fabric is lovely though.)

I did try rotary cutting the seam allowance, and it was much quicker, but then it was harder to press the narrow seam allowance, so I think six of one, half dozen of another. I decided I'd rather take more time cutting rather than more time pressing.

I attached a photo of my first square. I have 5 more in progress today.
Eeeee! I love that boo block! I may need to make ds a pillow with that one. I did sub a few on mine too...I didn't do the red mushroom or ? Block, and did a bob bomb and spikey orange guy instead. I also did a plant pipe instead of her 3d one.

I haven't taken a picture of it quilted and bound, guess I should do that.

I did mine in kona as well since I found a great deal t hancocks. I tried using quilters grid but it wasn't accurate. I should have done the fusible like you are, it would have been so much faster.