View Single Post
Old 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

Talking She is home!

We, DH, I and DS 11, made a long almost 8 hour round trip to meet up with our new Congo African Grey and her previous owner. We spend over three hours talking and getting to know each other and then drove home.

DH was able to get her cage, two boxes with toys, books etc. and one very large play stand in the back of our mini van.

She did not want to talk much when we just met her, up to her previous owner's frustration, but made up for it when we arived home. I was worried that all the people would startle her but before my son could put down her travel cage she was already talking up a storm.

We got her cage and stand set up and then put her in the main cage. She then came out on the play stand when we put a bowl of home made chicken soup out, she ate and ate. Now she is back in her main cage having an apple.
All the while she is very talkative. She says things like- Have fun! I am flying. Hello! What? Yo ho yo ho what a pirate's life. Are you alright? My son's name. (the previous owner had been practicing.) Nite! Where is the ball? (she throws the ball and you have to fetch) Do you like it? (when she is eating something)etc.

I'll try and post a picture of her eating her soup. One thing I am worried about is she does not eat pellets or parrot food. She eats regular food. She looks great but I am not sure if I will be giving her the right thing. She is finnicky and does not like much. I do know she likes, Cheetos, scrambled eggs, apples and chicken nuggets.I know not to give her chocolate or advocadoes. Same for my dog.
Attached Thumbnails 2013-01-01_21-11-05_485-custom-.jpg