View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Daisy Dew

Does your story ever mimic mine! I didn't come from a family of quilters but at age 19 I struck out on my own now this was in 1965 - so I'm your granny! Isn't it funny - I have also found that if you do not come from a long family history of quilting there is a bit of a stand offish-ness. What is this! It reminds me of 3rd grade playground bullies. Can you believe I owned a quilt shop - loved loved loved it I'm now retired. I always catered to the young-uns. I taught several "home schooled" kids we always had a great time and I had 4-H girls take their projects to the state fair. There were times I'd be helping one of the girls pick fabric and I actually had the older group resent this. However I'm of the belief "train up a child in the way they should go - and when they are old they will not depart from it" and that works in all areas of life. As I have retired and moved to the sunshine state I visited the local quilt club and boy what a turn off. So my dear age has nothing to do with it just remember 3rd grade, smile and keep creating! My dear "quilt buddy" died a couple years ago - she was a long arm-er before it became popular and she faced the same shunning - do you think it may have something to do with the green eyed monster? Mmmm.