View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 05:12 AM
Skittl1321

Originally Posted by misskira View Post
Eeeee! I love that boo block! I may need to make ds a pillow with that one. I did sub a few on mine too...I didn't do the red mushroom or ? Block, and did a bob bomb and spikey orange guy instead. I also did a plant pipe instead of her 3d one.
If I do all the blocks DH is asking for, this thing is going to end up King size. I am subbing the Boo in for the Cloud, and I will do a piranaha plant instead of the pipe.

Is yours on flickr? I've seen one with the spikey and the bomb.

DH would really really like a dry bones, but I can't figure out how to make him 18 x 18. I may either put it on the back (but those layers would make quilting so hard) or make it a pillow, that way it can be whatever size it is...

The problem with the fusible- I drew the lines myself using a sharpie. My ruler now has a permanent red line on it, and GASP- my sewing machine is developing one!!!! Since my sewing machine is like my baby, I am going to have to figure out how to prevent it from getting any darker. I've always used acetone to remove sharpie, but no way is that going near my machine! This is just from it rubbing off the fusible a little bit, but so many rows and it apparently builds up. (I did wash a test swatch, and it doesn't get on the fabric, or seem to 'wash' off...)