Old 01-02-2013, 06:36 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

mirabelle sounds like something interrupted your line of thought there, stopping in mid sentence.

Bev, so happy you had a good time on the family time at the lake.

I had almost finished by Magic Blocks when I came to realize two sizes were done wrong; so I ditched the two wrong sized blocks...too much ripping on 65 4" squares, and 16 12" squares to make them right...working by the unit now, and have one out of 16 done right. One step forward and three steps backwards...

I kept seeing quilt block designs in the Rose Parade yesterday; it was so different and heart warming parade. Two floats honored the military men and women and defense dogs. In fact, Petco had a soldier in from the from lines on their float, which stopped at the beginning of the parade to pick up his wife and four year old child...whom they had flown in pretending she had won the trip to see the parade, and pulled her out of the crowd for a photo shot...the boy spotted his Father first, and that BIG smile hit his fact...the wife was in shock at seeing her dh...it had been a well kept secret..she and the four year old joined the dh on his bench on the float to enjoy the rest of the parade together. So heart warming...and the sealthe bomber flew over head in perfect timing . And on the Love Boat float, a couple got married, for real, with the minister 'milking' the scene in front of the HGTV booth...delaying the moment where the new husband could kiss his bride. Seen the Canada bands in the parade, and a first with a CA and Japan kids marching together in their respective uniforms in the same band...that was a first too. Maybe there is hope for world peace. Beautiful roses on several floats...Mirabelle your rose pillows are so beautiful..lovely work...now if I could do half as well, I'd save up for that machine.

GG, I have bee working on quilting since 1972, self taught with bad habits, and still learned so much from QB, with the FWQ and PC trail...and remember dg hand tied quilts and blankets that kept us warm in the cold winters back then...when January weather would run for two to three weeks below zero...and have lots of snow...were the snow banks bigger 'cause I was a child back in the dark ages?