Thread: Honey BooBoo
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:43 AM
grammyj

Originally Posted by Sandygirl View Post
Reality TV has been on for over a decade. It is cheap to produce and there are plenty of willing participants looking for their 15 minutes of fame. Its about viewership and ratings. The World IS watching us and always have. We as a society accepts this form of entertainment. Like it or not...but you don't have to watch it.

Think You Tube, Facebook, blogs, etc. lots of trash for the world to see. HBB is tame compared to violent and sexualized movies, soaps and TV dramas. HBB will Run its course.

She is precocious for sure and this show portrays a real slice of society that many on this board may not have experienced...esp in light of the "trailer trash" labels mentioned in this thread. Wow!

At least this family/ parental unit is married and the family seems to genuinely love each other and do things together tho their lifestyle may not agree with ours. They look like they are having fun.

The Kardashians are having a sleazier kind of "fun" . Kim is knocked up while still legally married to the football player she duped.. No, i don't watch their show. The pastors' kid, the unmarried Jessica Simpson, is touting the benefits of Weight Watchers while proudly announcing her second pregnancy in her commercial for WW. Hmmmm.

The world is crazy, I agree.
Sandy
They are not married as I understand, they talked about it on one show.