Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 AM
Pam H

Is anyone watching the Today Show this morning? They showed a new diet book (The 8-Hour Diet) where you only eat 8 hours of the day, say 10-6 or 11-7. You can pretty much eat as much of whatever you want but you are supposed to include the super 8 power foods. They say you can see big improvements just doing this 3 times a week. The 16 hours of fasting are supposed to shrink your stomach. Also you are supposed to do some exercise right away in the morning to get your metabolism going. Sounds interesting but I'm afraid I would get migraines from going that long without eating.
I had a big scare yesterday with my son having a low sugar episode. Luckily his girlfriend was with him. I think we might have lost him if not for her. She was sending me messages via facebook asking what to do and I didn't see them until a few hours later. Poor girl. I will be sending her a package with all kinds of things to have on hand. Hopefully I can figure out how to get a glucagon kit. She learned she needs to keep orange juice and other sugary things on hand at all times.
I'm off to spend some quality time with my treadmill.