Old 01-02-2013, 07:08 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

I think we all have our "war" stories! Those are the ones that we learn from though ... and chances are we don't make those mistakes again. Well, sometimes I still do them ... and that's usually a sure sign that I'm too tired and should not be sewing. So, maybe it's more that I'm getting better to know when to walk away? I think that's why I usually have more than one project on the go ... one that's more intense, and one that's somewhat a no-brainer! OK, I confess, I have a LOT more too ... but they're usually sitting in the PhD Dept and not up front in the active WIP!!!

One thing that I am fussy about is starting with everything well cut ... and then making sure my seams are right. If one is a little over 1/4 and another under, well, you know what happens! I was convinced that PPing was NOT for me. I just couldn't get it. When I really wanted to do something with it, I did it ... and then from there on it was progress. Then I started to do PPing with the FWS, and the old practice practice practice soon had me converted. Now, I am finding I am a suck for it ........ or is that lazy? And yes, kind of a mindless thing for me, towards getting perfection in the blocks, and not having to be too much with it. Sure, I still goof up there too, but man-oh-man does it make it easy-peasy to get perfect points and square squares and to size blocks!

And yup, even while doing the BBs, I've had to rrrrrrrip away! Fabric on backwards ... and flipping the wrong way!! And guess what? Even with the simplistic pattern I chose, I still decided to do PPing, so that you'd have some nice blocks. Well, I hope you think so!!

Anael ... looks like in three years you've come a long way. From what we see, they are not marginal jobs, but exceptional jobs!

QNSue ... I kept the Rose Parade on for more than one round! There really wasn't much on TV til night time. Loved the music and glimpses of the flowers, colours and originality in those floats. Did you see our Canadian Cowgirls? I somehow must have missed the Canadian bands you mentioned. Where were they from? And yes, even I had tears pouring down when that Mom and Son met up with DH/Dad! The plane was amazing ... the first view of it looked like one of those giant kites in shape, and then it rolled, and OMG it was the real thing! It really was a great parade and I can;t wait to hear my neighbours talking about it.

JeanieG ... I'm like you, not a big crowd fan, so can totally see why you do not go. Like you, I'm sure that sitting at home we get a much better view and explanation via the TV. However, IRL the size, work, flowers, grandeur, etc. would be so overwhelming, I'm sure! Guess I don't have to think further on that, as I'm not too likely to be there anytime.