View Single Post
Old 02-08-2008, 02:17 PM
jbsstrawberry

Melissa,
I don't know if you're familiar with this company or not. They have some really clever storage ideas, very inexpensive too. I have two "spice shelves" from them. They are meant to be mounted by their tops under cabinets, but I didn't put the piece to do that on them when I assembled them, instead I attached screw eyes and picture wire and hung them in my storage room to hold thread extra containers of pins and such. There are also pegs down both sides which i use to hang embroidery hoops. (sorry can't take pics for you) I also have a small vanity with 3 drawers on either side where I keep trims etc. I store my machine, a mail organizor for my scissors and rotaries etc, one large and a couple smaller sewing boxes. On the back wall of the storage room (about the size of an apt. bathroom) I have a bookshelf where I keep my fabric, also I have a couple rubbermaid tubs to store what won't fit on the shelves batting and fiberfill etc. Any way...here's the site (I'm looking strongly at the slack hanger to put larger pieces of fabric or cut strips on. it would hang nicely in one of the corners or on the back of the door.)

http://www.lakeside.com/catalog.asp?N=36+461&IDXPG=2

Hope it helps...maybe I can talk my oldest into using her new digital camera to take pics for you :)