View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Scrap41

First, I am glad you are enjoying quilting; sorry you don't feel comfortable with some ladies. I have belonged to a
quilt guild for 31 years and we have clicks in it too, sorry to say that! I have a friend who belongs with this same
group and the ladies don't talk to her, even if they see her in a different setting, it is strange, I can't explain it either.
I have been President, VP, Public Relations, Newsletter Editor and this past 2 years I have been pattern chairman.
I am getting too old to keep this up so I think this might be my last year, will wait and see how things are in June.
Also have a small group of these quilters that meet on Sunday here in my town and we sew from 1-6; I go to
2 retreats a year with different quilters, so I would suggest you keep looking for the right group where you feel
comfortable. If you have to start your own group. The click group in my guild invited me the first year but I was
still working (still am now) and I couldn't afford their price for a weekend and I haven't been invited since??? It doesn't
bother me, cause I love the other 2 groups that I retreat with. I wish you lived closer to me, you could join us.
2013 is my year to finish several UFO's from classes I took several years ago!!! I have taught some classes too.
Just don't give up on quilting...it is relaxing for me.