Old 01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
quiltgal

Originally Posted by quiltmom04 View Post
The machine came and it' s adorable. Unfortunately the bobbin winder was broken in transit, and the current is 220, not 110. I'm not sure if that was made clear to him or not. I got a voltage booster, but it still doesn't work well. The light dims and the machine runs very slowly. Anyone have any suggestions for me? I've tried to contact the eBay seller, but so far have had no response.
If you end of keeping it, you can buy a replacement motor - they are not cheap, but worth it if you want to get it useable! I can get them from my supplier, but do not have one on hand due to the cost. I replaced the motor on one I brought from England that came with a voltage converter, but it also doesn't work well enough to really sew on the machine.
You will have to change the wall plug to the type we use here as well. You can leave the 3 prong plug on the machine that plugs into the foot controller along if you want. That does not effect function, just the wall plug. PM me if you would like more info or prices for parts. See my website as well www.thequiltgal.com.