View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 04:16 PM
amh

I still say start your own group. The small group I belong to is a group of friends. We meet at each others homes once a month. The hostess provides soup and maybe some cookies. We take our own sandwiches. We meet after work and have supper together and then show what we have been working on, or share other things (we are older so husbands are starting to pass away). If you are in school put up a poster on the bulletin board (I'm sure there are more current ways--twitter, etc.) and see if there are others interested. Doesn't have to be work, just a social group with a common interest.

And, you now have quilting friends around the world on this group. What are you working on now? And, what kinds of quilts do you like to make, modern, landscape, applique, pieced? If you want to try something new, just ask and there will be someone here who has tried it and was successful, or had a disaster and will share what they did wrong. Do you hand quilt or machine quilt. Show us some photos. You may have just found your quilting group.

Aileen