View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 03:57 AM
twinkie
Power Poster

I was older than you are when I started quilting. And, like you, I regret waiting so long. Many of you ladies don't realize how fortunate you are to have had Grandmothers and Mothers that quilted and passed along that talent. My Mother was an excellent seamstress (but no quilting). My Grandmother did beautiful crocheting and taught me 65 years ago. Although I am greatful for this knowledge, I only wish some of my Grandchildren would show a little interest in the art. I, like you am very greatful for this board and the knowledge I have acquired from the ladies who frequent it. Blessings to all of you.

Originally Posted by conniemaried View Post
I joined the QB Dec 2011. In the year that has passed, I have progressed from a novice quilter to a capable quilter. I have read the daily posts most every day, posted threads when I was lost, taken classes, bought and read books, did several "practice quilts," and attended monthly meetings at my LQS. I have immersed myself in quilting. It has been a marvelous year for me. I have been sewing since age 8, am an experienced sewer (Home Ec degree, also), have conquered many crafts, but I think I have finally found myself in quilting. I regret that I have come to it at such a late stage in life ( I am almost 61), but finally have the sewing room of my dreams, a DH who encourages me, and the backing of a sincere Quilting Board to learn from, ask questions and receive answers always. Thanks to every one of you for being my "sister in quilting." I respect the collective knowledge of the QB, and acknowledge that I would not be in the contented place that I am without all of you. It has been a steep learning curve this past year, but thanks to every one of you. May your New Year be Pieceful! Connie