Old 01-03-2013, 05:40 AM
DustysMomma

Vanogay, I'm hoping one of the mailed ones is mine too. I can't wait! The suspense is killing me!

I'm not a person who would generally get a tattoo. But, when my dad died, my cousin's husband got a cursive "D" with a halo on it for him on the inside of his forearm, and I thought that was really cool. This cousin's sister died of breast cancer in 1993, at 33 yrs old, and so she went when her husband got that and had a breast cancer ribbon "ring" tattooed on her finger. She said that was a very painful choice of location. Anyway, when I saw them, I actually considered getting something very small too, but I've never seen anything that screamed my dad that I'd want to live with the rest of my life. Then there's the question of placement. When your boyfriend is a professor and department chair at a university, you have to be even more careful about the choices you make and how they'll be perceived by department donors and his bosses (it's maddening sometimes). Places they can't be seen, I'm not sure I'm brave enough to let them poke voluntarily, lol. Yes, I'm a chicken when it comes to pain!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add.....my new sewing table will be here tomorrow! I can finally get off the kitchen table! (Insert way too giddy bouncing up & down & clapping here...)

Last edited by DustysMomma; 01-03-2013 at 05:46 AM.