View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 07:57 AM
vanginney

It looks very great and I totally agree having a machine on the kitchen table is a hassle. It does look pricey, but it looks nice & portable if you need to take it to retreats.

I never really go anywhere and bought 3 wooden singer tables ($5 & $20). I like them because they look like a beautiful side tables. They have a top that folds out for added space when sewing and they have a front notion drawer for scissors, bobbins etc. They are in various places in the house (basement, living room, and den). Two have sewing machines hidden in them and nobody can tell it is a sewing table - and the one which I use the most has my machine sitting on top in my basement.

For the price you can't go wrong...and even if your machine doesn't have a true fit, I used a thin glass cutting board to cover the hole and place my computerized machine on top.

They are great for small spaces if you are looking for a less expensive alternative.

And I like it when my kids claim the basement - I can still unhide a machine in the living room in the evening and keep on sewing...

Good luck with the table!