Old 01-03-2013, 09:02 AM
QuiltingNinaSue

Ok, I got 3 units of Magic Square done right yesterday; baked four pies, 2 pumpkin, one apple from fresh apples, and one peach and two loaf pans of sweet potato cinnamon rolls. DH did up all the dirty pans and stuff this morning.

Mirabelle, the Rose Parade happens every year on New Years Day in Pasadena, CA., but I had never seen any like this one. I was very moved when the lady and son spotted the husband/father, and the airplane flew over honoring the floats based on honoring the military ladies and gentlemen who serve our country, and the ones who have died fighting for its freedom. Shed a few tears over that one. Miracle Grow was going to completely recycle their float after the parade, going green. Yes, I see the Canadian Cowgirls with the trio of maple leaves on their chaps, standing tall in their saddles...riding very close together which takes a lot of practice. No other group rode that close together in the parade. No, I do not remember where the band was from in Canada...sorry.

Have nine bonus blocks done; now if I can decide on which ones to send to Carrie...after I make a few more. PC blocks are in a plastic tub...slowly getting the slashing on them in odd moments. Back to that maybe today. Dh has an appointment in town...Unionville, which is a 22 mile round trip this afternoon, so will go with him and run to the grocery store, add a few more pennies to my gas card to receive additional pennies off per gallon at the gas station...can use up to $2.12 off on each fill up. LQS is next to the chiropractor dh goes too...isn't that wonderful!!