View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:51 PM
Peckish

Originally Posted by Rowena101 View Post
The "Goodwill" stores are a privet enterprise. They are owned by a very wealthy man. You & I donate our things & they are sold for his profit. They pay there help minimal wages. Rowena101
I will continue to donate to Goodwill despite all the negative stories, and here's the reason why: As far as I'm concerned, the negative stories are all heresay. In fact, I'm starting to wonder about the origin and motivation behind such stories. I personally know of not one person who has been harmed or abused in any way by Goodwill or their actions. However, I do personally know of a few people who have actually been helped by Goodwill and their programs. For instance, here's one I can prove - there is a man named Teddy who works in my community at Costco. The man is a wonderful ray of sunshine. Every time I see him I have to smile. He is ALWAYS singing and is very pleasant and sweet. A couple of years ago our local paper did a story on him - one of Goodwill's programs had helped him get a job, a fact which I was unaware of until reading the story.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2010/m...despite-hards/