View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 08:53 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by J Miller View Post
Miriam,

Besides being "early junque", I think the design is off or flawed in some way. I can think of nothing more annoying than a machine that surges as it tries to make stitches. None of my other cam ( built in or removable) machines do that. Since all three of them do it, it's got to be something to do with the design.

I'm gonna play with the one I have as time permits, but it will never get used seriously.

Joe
Too frustrating to use much - one of mine was in like new condition except for all the black stuff on the inside of the machine. I don't know if someone used graphite or if it just is filthy. It is crummy to sew with. It is possible that Wilbur and a screwdriver would be a fun show on one of those machines. I had first thought I would pass that on to someone in need. Now I'm thinking it would be a dis-service. There ARE lots of great parts on those machines, Joe. You shouldn't need to go looking for a slide plate (or is that one hinged), throat plate, motor, case, foot control, needle holder clamp, tension, spool pins, springs, presser foot, screws, bobbin area parts, PARTS!!! Lots of PARTS!!! Hurray for parts! Maybe something more worthy will stay alive because of that stupid machine!