Old 01-03-2013, 09:46 PM
jaba

MaryT you work with denim all the time, why don't you just whip some of those right out and send your 1st one to me. I'll inspire you and prod you all along the journey!! Geez I'll even send you a bunch of denim, now what more could you ask for? As for the sharpener, I didn't have this kind before. I bought 1 of those roller type ones, not good for nothin' as far as I was concerned. Last year I bought the electric one from Nancy's Notions and I love it. It does the smaller ones and the 45's like I have but not the 60's. Don't know if they have one to do the big blades or not. It does do the job though, everytime I sharpen one, somehow I take a nick of my knuckle when I first start cutting with it. Sharp, you bet, I have lots of bandaids in my sewing room. I would definately buy it again.
Worked on a couple of table runners for my 2 SP swaps this month, Valentine's. Someway totally screwed up cutting it so made do and made my own pattern. Think they are going to turn out pretty cute. Hope I have enough left over to make one for myself. Just kind of "going with the flow" right now. I'll never be able to do it again with all of my slicing and dicing, they are truly "one of a kind" and never more. Will get those done so I'll be ready for the next step here.
If someone has some time on their hands, I'd love some help cutting for the next Boom 9 swap, any takers, I'll feed you good and make sure you don't go thirsty......SOS help SOS help