View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 10:36 PM
MommaKashuba

Default Quilting for a friend

Hi all!
I am a brand new quilter, having learned from my sister (Buslady) when I went to visit her in October 2012. We made 6 comfort quilts in 4 days out of my mom's clothes. When I got home I was talking with a dear friend about my trip and she asked me if I was a quilter. I said, "Well I am now!" She shared with me that her mom, who had died, was also a quilter and left her with a bunch of material and quilting supplies. She asked if I wanted it.... well I hesitated, for about a second and said, of course! In all the material we found a quilt top already done! Well almost. I am adding a border and putting a back on it and then I am going to gift it back to her. She does not know. These are pictures of the quilt and the work I have done so far - the first border. I met some very nice ladies at the fabric store who helped me pick out the material for the border. I am adding a 3 inch orange strip and then a 10" border of crazy polka-dot material. I will make the back out of some of the material my friend gave me. She makes hats for the Red Hat Society women and makes all my hats. She made and gifted me my wedding hat last year and I have included a picture below.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]385729[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385730[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385731[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385732[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385733[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]385734[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails pic-1.jpg   pic-2.jpg   pic-3.jpg   pic-4.jpg   pic-5.jpg  

2011-10-12_12-38-35_819.jpg