Thread: Paper piecing
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 03:49 AM
jkwynn

Oh good. Thanks for replying...I'm very interested in learning paper piecing next, but wasn't very interested in the price of that paper I saw the other day. LOL

Originally Posted by eparys View Post
Absolutely!! I am cheap and can not see spending the $$ for special paper.

My avitar was Paper Pieced. I used cheap computer paper to print the image, pieced the blocks with a tiny stitch length (more perforations so it is easier to remove the paper). Large paper pieces were very easy to remove - sometimes I used a Purple Thing just run down the seam line on the paper side.

When I have a more intricate design with tiny pieces, it can be a bit harder. So, I moisten a Qtip, rubbing the seam line and perforations made by the stitches (done on the paper side). This softens the paper and the small pieces come right off. A nice tweezer can be useful as well.
Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Yes ... most of my PP patterns are printed from the computer, so I just use computer paper.

Like Eparys, I shorten my stitch length way down and the paper comes off super-easy. If anything, the pieces come off too early!!! .... painters tape makes great bandaids!

I did most of my FWS 6" blocks with PP, and lots of the pieces were teeny-tiny ... and no bits of paper stayed in.