View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 04:33 AM
Sandygirl

I totally believe in the power of the saying..." Sleep on it". When i am grappling with any problem or challenge i just have to put it away mentally and often in the night, my brain dreams up a solution or a new peace about it. Just have to be open to the power of our amazing brain.

I love dreams, esp the ones that include my late parents and favorite, late relatives. Very comforting to experience them once again. Even my past pets show up. Revisits to my childhood home, torn down years ago. I could go on.

A couple of weeks after my mom passed; after a gut wrenching last year in the nursing home, i had one of my dreams in which I am soaring above the ground. I look down and see an older woman in an old fashioned floral shirtwaist dress rollerskating on the sidewalk. She looks up at me and smiles at me sweetly. The face smiling back at me was my mothers' moms face. BUT, i just knew that the real person smiling up at me was my mom. She smiles and then continues her journey on down the sidewalk. I still take comfort in this dream that my mom is at peace and she wanted me to know it.

By the way, my grandmother passed away when I was 4 years old. I have no memories of her. Now, i need to wipe my eyes.

Dreams are powerful.
Sandy