Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 AM
gardnergal970

QuiltE....it's so nice to have you back from your wanderings. You bring such a wonderful "flavor" to the group! Between you and QNSue, we would all be waddling if the RV was for real. Such good sounding stuff.
dubib...she will never forget those moments of learning to sew with DGM and that quilt will go with her wherever she goes. Such patience you have.
mirabelle...thanks for the glimpse into your growing up years. You have a bit of country in you too. I have all of the compass blocks saved thanks to you.
Jan...good progress for you on the PC quilt and BBs. Mine are sitting right by my sewing machine calling to be finished but right now I'm finishing up the blocks for the mystery quilt I'm working on. I love how it's turning out and will post pictures later.
I did stop at my LQS yesterday to get some machine needles. I've been using up some of what I got before I knew better that topstitch gives me the best results. I had just put in a metallic needle which I know has a similar shaped shaft and eye but doesn't give the same results. They have gotten in so many new fabrics...I just wandered around and soaked in the beauty, enjoyed the friends I found there, and managed to escape with only a few more FQs to add variety in my blue and white Ocean Waves quilt.
carrie...do you get Theads of Times newsletter? They have both Janome models you are looking at for a very good price. They could ship it to you too.