Thread: quilt pricing
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:24 AM
hsquiltingmom

Default quilt pricing

Hi everyone,

I have a guy who wants me to make a quilt for his wife for their anniversary. The size would probably be a crib size which would be 45 X 60. It is to use when she takes a nap in her chair. I am still waiting for a couple of answers from him, before I continue working on his bid.

My question is do you put down an estimate for the number of hours you will spend on the quilt. I know when I take my car in for repairs, they always list the labor cost at X number of hours at X amount per hour. Do you do this for quilts and if so, how do you know how long it will take you? I can estimate it based on how long it takes me to make a block.

I quilt as a hobby, but I am willing to make quilts for others. Usually, when I do a quilt for others, they buy all of the fabrics and then I make the quilt and quilt it, but they are extremely good friends of mine and I figure I get to enjoy my hobby without having to buy all of the fabric. I am fine with that kind of set up.

This guy is a friend that I have met through doing dutch oven cook-offs so I want to make it a win-win situation for both of us.

Thanks