Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 AM
soccertxi

Meet Harriette! She is a 301 and has a bit of a story. I taught 2 brothers and a sister last summer to sew. We made string blocks and pillowcases. Not sure that the boys will sew again this summer, but they had fun. The little sister will be back with her mom. I also may be teaching some homeschool kids, so I had been looking for a 301 to add to my 2 FW. They are great sturdy machines for kids. I had seen some off and on on Craigslist, but there was always something that held me back: no case, no attachments at all, no foot or power cord, not in great shape...you get the picture. A week and a half before Christmas, I saw one on Craigslist. Seemed to fit my requirements, so I e-mailed. Then I got ANTSY, so I called. I told the man I would not stand him up, but could he hold it till the next Friday. Our DD was flying into a regional airport WAAAAAAY on the other side of town. I could not see making two long trips in less than a week. Not only did I not want to waste my time, but hey! Gas is not cheap either! He said he had been stood up before and he did not know me, so he would not promise to hold it. I was disappointed, but he promised to call me if it sold and if it was still available on that Thursday, he would hold it till Friday. Fair enough.
As I usually do, when I see something I want on Craigslist, I have to watch it ALL DAY! A couple hours pass, and I search again for a Singer 301. This one does not pop up. :::Sniff::: She was someone ELSE's treasure. DRAT. another hour passes and I notice I have missed a call. Area code for that city WAAAAAY across town. DOUBLE DRAT.
He is calling me to tell me it sold. I listen anyway and here is what I hear.... "Hi Beth, this is N-. You may not remember me, I used to blog at R- S-. I don't blog any more, but I still read YOUR blog. Guess who's husband is selling the 301? MINE! HE does not know you , but I DO. We will be happy to hold the 301 till Friday."!

Introducing Harriette. She is named after my mom's mom. Both my grands were avid seamstresses, so I got a double dose! Harriette and I sewed togther on the NYD one day mystery over at Planet Patchwork. She is a dream to sew on! Here is her picture:
Attached Thumbnails harriette1.jpg