View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 08:07 AM
MaysonD

Lightbulb Seeking information on embroidery?

Hi!

I'm new to QB, and I'm hoping to get some advice and information on embroidering. I am an avid seamstress and crafter and I have a computerized sewing machine and a serger, but I just ordered my first embroidery machine this morning and I don't know even the basics of where to begin! I ordered the Brother PE 770. I'm expecting a little girl in March and also have a 2 year old son and 1 year old son, and I'm hoping to be able to do some embroidery and monogramming for them. My questions are about what I need to get started. Do I need a particular thread for this machine? I read somewhere about Brother specific colors? Will I need these? I also know nothing about stabilizers. Do I need a new piece for each project? I've seen that it comes in sheets and rolls. Is there a difference? As you can see, I'm pretty clueless. I'm planning a trip to the craft store today to get what I need so I can start "playing" when my machine gets here, but I thought I'd get better help here than at the store.

Thanks!