View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 10:32 AM
Debbie C

Congratulations on your weight loss!! I know how much work it takes as I have been on Weight Watchers since March 1st, 2012. I have lost 44 lbs. and have only 4 lbs. to go before I reach my goal. Sure the holidays set me back just a little bit, but I mostly stayed on track and only gained back one pound.
Back in January 2012, I decided that it was going to be a year of change for me. I was turning 60 in June and did not want to be a 'fat old lady'.....so I took the steps to create my support group of family and friends. I let them know what I was planning and that I'd appreciate them not telling me "you've lost enough", "have a cookie", or "would you like a drink"....I needed them all to understand that all those things would be my choices and please understand this was a most difficult mission for me as I didn't feel I had any willpower!! Well, I sure surprised myself!! I'm nearly there!!
Another thing I did was put my fear of heights aside - hell, if I could step on that scale every week, I surely could jump off a mountain on a ZIPLINE!!! My dh and I conquered Hunter Mountain's Sky Rider zipline tour......TWICE!!! It's 3,300 feet across and 600 feet high!! Now I'm looking to go para-sailing when I go to Florida in two weeks!!
Treat yourself well - you are worth it!!