Old 01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
dray965

Default 1 comment on stash and 1 question about EQ7

Comment: I am so happy. Right before Christmas a friend of mine game be several bags of scraps that were from her recently deceased grandmother. My friend and 2 relatives had picked through all her grandmothers scraps (she quilted and sewed clothing) and kept what they wanted and asked if I wanted the rest.

Of course I did. I can't believe all the goodies that they didn't want: 4 1/2 yds of sailboat printed cotton, several pieces of quilting cotton that were 1/4th yd, 1/2 yd, 1/8 yd. etc...as well as lots of 'sure nuff' scraps. I have been cutting the scraps into blocks of 4 1/2, 3 1/2, 2 1/2 & 1 1/2 blocks...resulting in lots of blocks.

In the stash were about 15-18 rectangles of cotton flannel of 3 different prints each. I had enough to make a small baby quilt by adding my own borders & backing. All in all the quilt is costing me a little over 4 dollars. Wow.

Ok...bragging over. On to my question:

if you use EQ7, how do you use the notecard flip-side to show your own created blocks by category? EQ's built in blocks are all catagorized for easy searching and I would like to be able to do that with the one's I've created. However, i can find no way to do it.

Hoping there is a way to do this.

Dray-Oklahoma