Old 01-04-2013, 04:11 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Aneal, if you are knowledgeable about cast iron skillets, that is basically what the dutch oven is with a lid on it; I use it on my cooktop and in the oven. I can brown my meat, then add other things, continue to cook it on the cook top or put it into the oven to bake at an even rate of heat, it flavors the food very well. Guess I need to take a picture of it and post it. Very similar to what the chuck wagon cooks put over the outside fire to cook in. Or to bury it in hot coals of fire and let it simmer all day for the cowboy's supper meal. RFD TV station (Rural ??) did cooking over the fire in one of its scheduled programs for awhile.

Helped out the LQS this afternoon....helped a lady figure out how much of what for her pattern of queen sized quilt for a wedding gift...and then picked out things to make my own donation to the shop....owner was so nice to both of us...she gave us 30% off each piece we purchased. Adopted PC gd will get more horse fabric....with the next shipment at the end of January along with some red and white heart fabric. That was after we had made a 46 round trip to my hometown for dh cable to operate his monitor..he had to have it NOW. . .or yesterday. Solution solved. Then he treated me to lunch at the B & B One of a Kind tea room. I ate their Kansas City Stew...hamburger with vegetables in a soup. When I did get back home, I had to put together northern beans and ham for a late supper tonight...by request from dh.

LQS owner loved my BB and loved seeing them...gave me her 2 cents opinion on several projects that helped bounce around thoughts I had about them. She is also a good neighbor to us. and that is a two way road here...another neighbor dented up our mailbox this afternoon, but dh fixed that up again, so everything is OK.