View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 07:09 PM
Prism99
Power Poster

Where do you plan to sell? The restrictions make it pretty hard to make money by selling on the QB.

I have found Amazon to be a good place to sell books. They make it easy to list, and they also make it easy to purchase and print your own postage. There is a lot of traffic on Amazon, so books tend to sell faster there than other places. Also, their commission isn't bad because they give you a credit on postage costs. I have found, though, that quilting books tend to sell more slowly and at lower prices than, say, some of my old homeschooling curriculum materials.

I'm not sure about fabric. eBay seems to be good if you have designer fabric or panels. Etsy is probably a lot better in terms of the cost of listing, though. If selling fabric on the QB, I believe most people prefer yardage to fat quarters. (There have been a few threads about that here.) If the fat quarters are already cut, I would think that most people would rather purchase a set. Buyers will buy a single fat quarter if they are examining the fabric in person, but I think with the limitations of buying from photos they are more likely to sell in coordinated groupings.