Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 PM
QuiltE
Power Poster

JanRN ... yippee!!! now you can quilt your little ♥ out this weekend. Well, at least to get that border on ... and to package up the BBs. Don't forget to sign your blocks before you mail them off. Great breakfast ... remember that milk is Nature's most nearly perfect food!

MiraB ... When else, but breakfast time?? Oh that'd be a wonderful smell to have in the neighbourhood. I think many of us have good memories that are food based. And I see your country admissions are surfacing!!!

GGal ... I know, I'm a Chatty-Cathy! I should be around pretty much for the rest of the winter. Out-of-town work is usually minimal at this of the year and will pretty much be here in the office. Maybe the odd day or two, but never long stretches. So you are STUCK with me! The good news is that should leave me with more quilting time!! Yipppeeeee!!! Gosh GGal, you're getting me keen to drive to Indi for one of those machines! Quite the price difference from here.

CarrieM ... I still love my 6600, and while I'd like the larger harp of the 7700, I don't think there's enough benefits to switch. Plus there are some features on the 6600 and not on the 7700, that I am not willing to give up. I keep hoping they will come out with a larger opening still in a newer model .... or I bite the big bullet for the Bernina as the BSR has me intrigued, and they do have one with the larger harp.

QNSue ... I'm glad that the Egg Muffins were a hit! You'll have FUN switching up the add-ins. Haven't done sausages before, and know they'd be good! Likewise the hash browns. Really anything goes! Did I get Brownie Points with your DH? I'll try to get my other recipes and post them for you and everyone ... I'm sure you will like the custard, and am surprised you have never heard of it. I'm wondering if it's got another name in the USA? Glad you got your "quilting fix"!!! Sounds like you have a wonderful LQS to deal with and very personnable.

Honchey ... Glad that someone else knows what Custard is! And Bread Pudding ... YUM!!! Sorry about your BINGO disappointment. The important part is that you had FUN! So ... are we doing the Compass Blocks for sure?

Anael ... Bread Pudding has come a long way. Maybe you'd like the updated versions? So do you have a BSR with your Bernina? Do tell me more! Huge price difference to switch to a Bernina for me, so a big hesitation there. Maybe your price differences aren;t as large, being "closer" to the source? Log cabins are always so nice to make, and are so beautiful made with the narrower strips you are using.

And now ...... another drumroll for another set of BBs done!!!
Just need to figure out how and where to sign them .... and then I'll dispatch the local Huskies with them to CarrieM!!!

BTW JanRN ... I too made extra blocks ... and have already decided that I HAVE to make a quilt with them. Plain and simple ... I like them too MUCH and have been playing with them tonight for a quilt layout. Now to do some calculating re fabric and see if I can get what I want. And don't you dare put yours into "that box" .... make a quilt WITH me!

Last edited by QuiltE; 01-04-2013 at 09:56 PM.