View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Wyldwytch

Really want to say thank you to everyone, we have a great group and I love dropping in and checking out the blocks everyone is making. As we progress it's definitely giving me more confidence in possibly running another Quilt Along when we are done here with perhaps a more structured balance for the quilt while giving all of us a way to turn scraps into a usable product.

I also want to say if anyone has a pattern that they would like to see in the QA feel free to send me a Pm to the link. The only thing requirements are the following: the pattern needs to be available for everyone to access, the finished block size needs to be 12inches, everything else is fair game. As we go along and get further into this the easy blocks will become more challenging, don't give up when this happens, ask questions if your stumped on something. When we are completely done with the QA I will create a post that has every block we made for anyone who may have started late or couldn't join us this go round. Or perhaps you just made the easy blocks this time and now that you're more confidant you want to go back and make a sampler with the challenge blocks.

Whatever the reason is you're here for....whether it be to use stash, scraps, challenge yourself, get out of a rut, make new friends, or all of the above, I truly hope you are enjoying yourself. As I get more adept at running something like this i will get more organized. This QA came as a sudden idea while sitting in chat one night and wondering if more people would come in to chat if we all had a common reason for being there. I must say, we DEFINITELY had more people in the chatroom tonight for a good period of time discussing what we made and checking out possible future blocks.

Again, I want to say thanks to everyone who is doing this and not running from my fumbles as I run something like this for the first time coupled with no real serious plan prior other than a goal to be reached.

Enjoy Ladies.

Rosie the Wyldwytch