Old 01-05-2013, 06:28 AM
BoJangles

Steve, I am really watching your Howe restoration with interest!

Laura, that quilt looks huge - no wonder you were tired of it! I have always made queen or king - mostly king sized quilts - but, this year I want to get old projects caught up and do small projects!

Well thanks to Candace, I just acquired a new Pfaff 360 two tone automatic. I already have a really nice - no chips - Pfaff 360, but I couldn't turn down this deal. It has a case in perfect shape, which my other 360 doesn't have! It has the stitch wheel, several Pfaff tension units that the guy had, and otherwise it is complete. It is a little chipped up but it sews perfectly. It also has that weird two part plug in for the cord that my 260 is missing! At this point, I don't need that cord as the 260 works fine without using half the plug!

Anyway, the guy that had this machine thought there was something wrong with the upper tension - hence he had several tension units to try on this machine. There is nothing wrong with the tension. The problem was the bobbin case was warped. The machine would sew perfectly for a little bit, then the bobbin would stick in the case and break thread. I put a different bobbin case in and walla - perfect stitches. Goes to show that sometimes we just look too hard for the problem - when it is just something easy! Of course, I doubt the guy who owned this machine had access to a second Pfaff bobbin case to give it a try!

Does anyone know where the serial number is on some of these vintage Pfaffs? I have the Pfaff dating information, but on some of the vintage Pfaffs, I have not been able to find a serial number!

Nancy

Last edited by BoJangles; 01-05-2013 at 06:30 AM.